Directorist is a comprehensive directory plugin for WordPress. It lets you create a local directory, job listings, service directory, classified ads, or a booking directory website like Yelp, Tripadvisor, Airbnb. The Directorist core plugin works as a standalone system to create a fully functioning directory listings website. Also, it lets you manage users, listings, custom fields, and search and filter the listings.
The advanced filter enables your users to search listings based on various criteria such as tags, price range, custom fields, category, location fields, radius search, and much more. The plugin also offers 21 premium (paid) extensions to add extra functionality such as paid listings, booking system, live chat, pricing plans, compare listings, and many more.
The features of Directorist that set it apart from the crowd:
Front-end listing submission and management
The plugin lets your users submit their listing on your website from the front-end. An intuitive user dashboard is provided for managing listings. The administrator can customize the front-end listing form, limit the images and size of the files submitted for the listings.
Powerful search and advanced filters
Directorist lets your users search your listings based on many criteria like tags, custom fields, tags, category, reviews, location fields, and default text fields. The filter can also be based on geolocations and nearby listings, radius search. Your users can choose to view by List, Grid, or Map.
Advanced form builder
Directorist gives you an intuitive custom drag-and-drop form builder to organize the layout of your listings. You can create a single page layout, listings card layout, create and customize the listing cards for grid view. Design the listing cards with drag-and-drop based input fields.
Need to create multiple directories for different business scenarios? Directorist lets you scale up your directory website with a structured multi-directory feature. Organize your listings in different categories and keep everything organized. You can either create directory types with the form builder or import them quickly from a CSV file.
Translation ready, responsive, RTL, and built-in SEO
Translate your directory website into multiple languages using Loco Translate or WPML as the Directorist Business Directories are 100% translatable. They are fully compatible with RTL (Right to Left) languages such as Arabic, Hebrew, etc. All the layouts of the listings are fully responsive and adapt beautifully to any device. You can set a custom meta title and description for every directory page with built-in SEO. The plugin is also compatible with the Yoast SEO plugin to bump up your SEO game.
Easy migration, personalization, and CSV bulk importer
Import thousands of listings from a CSV file in just a few clicks of the import wizard. Customize your directory site with a wide range of shortcodes for all listings pages, tags page, search results, log in and registration, single location page, payment and checkout page, and many more.
Unlimited custom fields
You can create unlimited custom fields for your listing by choosing from 9 different field types. Yes, Directorist can accommodate custom requirements that you have for your idea of a directory site. These custom fields can also be used as the filter criteria in the search options.
Multiple mapping sources
Directorist works with popular mapping platforms such as Google Maps and OpenStreetMap to autofill the locations in the fields for quick searches and the creation of listings.
Customizable with trending design options
The plugin plays very well with popular themes like Astra, Avada, Divi, and OceanWP. It also offers 25+ Elementor Page Builder widgets that you can use to create a stunning and visually appealing directory website in minutes! Use a wide range of shortcodes and parameters to display and design the pages as per your brand's requirements.
By default, Directorist includes various relevant email notifications for both the listing owners and administrators. The settings and templates of the email notifications are all customizable via the Settings panel. Some of the notifications are new/published/edited listings, renewal reminders, and expiry warnings.
User reviews and ratings
Yes, the core plugin includes the reviews and ratings feature for free. You can choose to turn this feature off. You can choose to allow both rating and review or choose to allow only rating based on your requirements. Non-logged in users can leave a review on listings too. An interesting feature is that the administrator can block a listing owner from reviewing their own listing!
21 premium extensions for premium features
Each premium extension offers unique functionality to your directory website. You can set up a payment system, add a live chat feature, have a fully functional booking system so that users can make reservations or appointments. Here are a few extensions that Directorist offers:
- Authorize.net Payment Gateway: Adds a secured payment system with payment options like Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB, PayPal, and more to the Directorist Pricing Plan extension.
- Booking (Reservation & Appointment): Adds a service-oriented and event booking system to your listings. For example, Restaurant reservations, Saloon Booking, Appointment for Doctors, etc.
- Compare Listings: Allow users to compare multiple listings (up to 5) and view the comparison in a table. The extension supports custom fields as a comparing attribute.
- Directorist Ads Manager: Insert ads on specific pages such as all listings, single listings, all locations, categories, and more. You can create, insert, and manage unlimited ads of Google AdSense, Facebook Pixel, Images, or Custom Ads.
- Directorist Coupon: A coupon generating tool to increase conversions. You can create coupon codes for percentage discounts, fixed cart discounts, or discounts fixed to specific pricing plans, set usage limits and expiry date for coupons.
- Google reCAPTCHA: Adds the Google reCAPTCHA service to prevent spam user registration on your site to authenticate users.
- Live Chat: Adds a private messaging system to allow users to have a real-time private conversation with listing owners. Listing owners can chat with multiple users at the same time without leaving the window. Email notifications are triggered for new chats.
- Pricing Plans: Create unlimited pricing plans/packages with a different set of features to meet the need of all kinds of users. Users can choose to buy their desired package according to their needs using Stripe or PayPal payment options.
- Rank Featured Listings: Rank featured listings with a dynamic rating system to show the featured listings on your directory website.
and many more.
Some more features:
- Guest submissions
- Dummy data
- Social login
- Listing badges
- Flagging and reporting listings
- Multi-vendor compatibility with plugins such as Dokan, WC Vendors, WC Marketplace, WCFM, YITHWooCommerce Multivendor
- Save and bookmark listings
- Schedule task
- GDPR ready
- Private directory.
The Directorist core plugin is free and available in the WordPress repository. Directorist offers 21 premium (paid) extensions that add more extra features and functionality to the core plugin. You can buy the premium extensions individually, starting at $22 for a 1 site license and up to $109 for an unlimited sites license.
They also have 3 paid themes that are exclusively designed for directory listings with the Directorist plugin. You can also buy the extensions and themes as a bundle with 1-year priority support, updates, and future themes and extensions. The plans start at $99 for a 1 site license, $179 for a 5 sites license, and $299 for an unlimited sites license.
There's an ongoing sale with a flat 30% discount on the yearly plans and 40% on lifetime plans if you want to grab Directorist. Also, they do offer a 14-days money-back guarantee.
Final thoughts on Directorist
Although the set-up of Directorist is a bit tricky and overwhelming for a new user, it has exhaustive in-depth documentation for its setup and usage. And even with the core plugin, you can easily create a local directory site or even a global one, for that matter. With its advanced search, sort and filter options, give your users exactly what they need on your site. With great design elements, powerful extensions, and advanced search – Directorist is a great listing solution for WordPress.
Here's where you can take a sneak peek at the customer sites created using Directorist.
Take it for a spin today and let us know your thoughts about it in the comments below.